Today is national #TimetoTalk day in the UK and to join in we thought we would give you a few ideas about raising awareness in your church or workplace.
- Ask a colleague out for coffee – you don’t need to lecture them about mental health, but find out how they’re doing and maybe make a new friend.
- Run a cake sale to raise money for Time to Change or ThinkTwice (or a mental health charity of your choice), use the opportunity to talk about how you manage your mental health.
- Get together with your midweek group and spend some time looking at the Psalms and praying into the emotions portrayed and how they might be relevant to mental health conditions.
- Hold a session with your young people to talk about mental health – you can download plans here http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/timetotalkday-resources#teachers
- Book at ThinkTwice Course to equip your team to understand more about mental health and where God is in the midst of it all.