Today is national #TimetoTalk day in the UK and to join in we thought we would give you a few ideas to start a conversation in your church about mental health.
- Ask someone new out for a cuppa – you don’t need to lecture them about mental health, but find out how they’re doing and perhaps make a new friend.
- Run a cake sale to raise money for ThinkTwice and use the opportunity to talk about how you manage your mental health.
- Get together with your midweek group and spend some time looking at the Psalms and praying into the emotions portrayed and how they might be relevant to mental health conditions. Feel free to use one of our blogs as a starting point.
- Hold a session with your young people to talk about mental health, why not use Youthscape’s “Emotions Playing Cards?
- Book a ThinkTwice Course to equip your team to understand more about mental health and where God is in the midst of it all.